Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Week 16! Herpreet

Four Months - Where is everyone!?

On Monday, I swam for the second time at Barton Springs. I panicked a little bit. I am working on getting over my fears. One of my classmates walked to the end of the pool with me and we got in and swam the length from the end to the start. Somehow it feels less daunting to begin in the deep end and work your way to the shallow end.


Today we are doing a bike/run brick, and on Friday, we are doing an easy run.

On Saturday, I do my first event of the season - 300 m swim, 12 mile bike, 2 mile run. I am SO nervous about the swim. It is in Lake Travis. I am considering trying to take one last swim in Barton Springs as practice, but I haven't made up my mind whether I'll do that or not. Technically, the week before an event, we are supposed to "taper" so that our bodies are good and ready for event day.

I also have a big shopping day planned - I'm getting a new tri-suit, new goggles, Some electrolyte powders. I think that's it.

Okay guys, send my a lot of good thoughts leading up to Saturday, but especially on Saturday morning.

No comments: