Monday, May 11, 2009

Week 18, Herpreet

Week 18 was last week, and suddenly, I'm feeling like I'm keeping track of a pregnancy. Only pregnant people speak in weeks, right? The birth of our fitter selves.

So last week, week 18. I had an amazing swim at Barton Springs. Amazing. It was amazing because I did not let myself tread one single time. I swam 4 lengths (1/2 mile) doing only free style and back stroke. I did stop at the end of each length and rest, BUT, I was calm and collected while I swam.

Wednesday, we did a 3 mile run. I did walk for part of it, and I was okay with that.

On Saturday, I went out to Walter E. Long Park, which is the site of my event this Sunday. We rode the bike course. I felt, well, not so great about my 12 mile ride. It is VERY VERY HILLY. The hilliest ride I've ever done, and I had to stop and walk my bike up one of the hills. ARG. I left feeling panicked - like - how the hell am I going to ride up all those hills after I've swam 1/2 mile???!!!! Negative, negative, negative thoughts.

No comments: