Friday, May 1, 2009

End of Week 17, Herpreet

I had to look at a calendar to figure out the week... Are we all slacking off a little? We need some motivational kicks in the butt, don't we? That's my feeling.

Last weekend was my first triathlon. I did the 300 meter swim mostly on my back, and also...treading water. That may seem ridiculous, but free style in the open water just isn't working for me right now. I'm trying to figure something out for May 17 when I have to do 800 m. For now, I'm also a lot scared. Why, why, why can't the swim be in a pool, is what I'd like to know. I would do SUCH a good job if it was.

The rest of it was okay, some mishaps along the way. I had to pee the entire race, and by the time I got to the run, I ended up having to run off course to relieve myself. Dropped my water bottle again on the bike ride. Lessons learned: Pee in the water. Bring a cheap water bottle on your bike and don't stop to pick it up if you drop it.

This week, we had a swim on Monday. It was a nice "recovery" swim. Wednesday we ran, but I mostly walked. I put yankz in my shoes, and I think they were too tight and just not feeling right. My foot started hurting. So I'm switching back to my old laces. We ride bikes today. Tomorrow I'm going to practice my swimming.

Later ladies and Kevin.

No comments: