Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Week 5, Days 1 & 2, Herpreet

The triathlon training is going really well. Monday, we did a 1000 meter swim - which is just over 1/2 mile! Not all at once, but in total.

Today, we ran 3 miles! Since I usually hit a wall at 2 miles, I am exceptionally happy about this. We did a little game to build our endurance. I'll tell you what it was so you can try it too if you want - you can play alone. We did a nice slow warm up jog, and then someone would yell out, "To the 2nd bench! Moderate!" And everyone had to run a moderate pace to the 2nd bench on the trail. When we got there we'd slow back down, and the next person would yell, "To the water fountain! Fast!" And we'd pick up the speed and go to the fountain, then bring it down and the next person would yell out. We did slow, moderate and fast pace. It really made running the trail move SO MUCH FASTER.

In general, I have to say, that today is the first day I felt really, truly psyched that I am doing another triathlon. I decided that after finishing this one, if I don't panic in the water, and all goes smoothly, I am officially going to be able to say that I am a triathlete.

I haven't begun training every single day. I'm giving myself one more month of only training on my class days, but come March, I'll get going to an everyday routine.

I'm sad to report that the yoga has gone by the wayside. Hopefully, I'll get to it again, eventually.

1 comment:

Cristin said...

yes! You ARE a Triathlete!
I love running games.