Thursday, March 5, 2009

Week 9 Day 3 Natalie?


This afternoon I decided to do yard work for my exercise. I raked and bagged, and then began the long and tedious job of digging a winter's worth of leaves out of the flower beds. Then I started pulling up the stuff I don't want in there. There's a lot of stuff I don't want in there! There are these thick viney things that are hard to pull out of the ground, so I figure those are worth at least a mild muscle workout. I'm going to do something mild again tomorrow, and Saturday morning is race for the cure. I'm enjoying working other activities into my routine rather than just running. I need to come up with some new routes for runs, because I think I dread it because I'm sick of running the same route forwards and backwards and with a little variation here and there. I need to start running in the other direction or something. Humph. So, count it if you want to, deny me if you'd rather. I was NOT watching tv, which is what I usually do in the afternoons... so that's something, right?

1 comment:

Cristin said...

Your yard work totally counts. All my magazines say so! And look for my sister at the race on Saturday-she'll be out there with her group The Pink Princesses. She started a breast cancer support group for young survivors since she was diagnosed at 25.
Have fun! I wish I could be there.