Tuesday, March 31, 2009

WEEK THIRTEEN, Herpreet

Yesterday I got back to it. I'm mostly over this miserable sinus infection I've had, and also beginning to feel panicked about my event in May.

We started the week with a swim benchmark. When I heard we were doing that, I was a little freaked out because benchmarks mean we just swim and swim endlessly while she times us. In the past we have done 400 meter benchmarks, but yesterday was an 800 meter benchmark - the distance of the swim for my event.

I was last to finish. Slow, determined, not the greatest swimmer, but on the other hand, improving in some ways. I could not swim free style the whole way. I alternated between free style and back stroke. I have really REALLY got to learn another stroke, because back stroke, while it helps me recover my breath, SLOWS ME DOWN. I don't want to be the last finisher in the swim in May. There. I said it. I do not want to be last.

No comments: