Friday, December 5, 2008

DAY 2 Herpreet

The other day I ran and walked a total of 2 3/4 miles - a warm up, a one mile run, a walk, another one mile run, a cool down. I could not run two consecutive miles! Didn't I get super fit earlier in the year? What happened?

The day of that pathetic run (but a happy one, none-the-less!), I decided to officially challenge Natalie (something she had suggested we do a while back). Then, that evening, as I was getting ready for school, I emailed a friend in London that my favorite pair of jeans, a pair that I'd purchased at the height of my triathlon fitness, barely fit around my thighs and ass anymore.
I was wearing them at the time. Two minutes later, I stood on top of my toilet, trying to reach a shelf above it. It was a risky stretch-type of maneuver. I heard the sound: RIIIIIIIIIIP - right through the inner thigh of one pants leg. Wow.

So I'm really into this challenge!

I have a primary goal right now: run 2-4 miles 3 times a week. Yesterday I did a 7 minute warm up walk- part of it a mental warm up to convince myself: I CAN do 2 miles without stopping, I CAN. Then, I DID run 2 miles without stopping! And I did a 5 minute cool down walk. YAY.

1 comment:

Nat D said...

you go girrrrrl. About to go for a brisk one in the cold weather, this time without Annie. Maybe I can make it a little further!