Monday, December 8, 2008

Physical Challenge--Kevin

Sorry for the delay, guys. Logging on to this site as a host was a challenge in itself due to computer probs at work. I almost crumpled in the face of this first, extremely low level challenge.

Luckily I got my stuff together on Saturday, and hit the gym--3o minutes of lifting, 25 minutes of elliptical. I'm feeling really good.

One important step I took this weekend was recognizing this reality---I can't work out on Fridays. It's the last thing I want to do, after feeling the rush of freedom after busting out of the office on Fridays. So that means, I've given up on the MWF workout schedule. As good a day as Monday is to start off on a good foot, Friday is just as crappy for following through.

So now, I'm going to a Sat. morning, Mon., Wed. schedule, with Th and F as days of rest. Saturday mornings have been a nice, peaceful way to get started with the week's bizness. It's also flexible, as I could also go with a Sun/Tues/Thurs, schedule, or a few others. As long as I'm realistic about being allergic to Friday workouts, I should be able to stay on track.

My goal is to stay on this track until Christmas. Long-term of course, is to stay with it forever, but let's take one step at a time. The big lesson for me in all this is---recognize mental blocks, and either overcome them, or work around them.

I'm still thinking of ways to incorporate our challenges into game mode, so bear with me. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Nat D said...

I still think that we should plan a destination to meet up and do some sort of event and then celebrate together. that would be cool.

Anonymous said...

YES! One step at a time. And YES! A game!!! I want to make it a game somehow - with a meet up.