Thursday, December 11, 2008

Week 2, Day 1 - Still. Herpreet


Okay, okay. I completely realize that I'm stuck on Day 1, which was my fall-down-bike-ride. But when I woke up on Monday, I realized I'd fallen harder than I thought. My neck and arm were sore, and one of my ribs was sore, and I was just achy in general. Blah. Stupid falling off bike. So I did nothing Monday or Tuesday (except pout inside my head about my aches and pains).

Then Tuesday night I had my FINAL fiction workshop for the semester and had drinks with all my classmates after. A lot of drinks. On top of this there were threats of snow in Austin and San Marcos. I didn't want to drive home to Austin that night (weather), so instead I had even more drinks in San Marcos and spent the night at a classmate's house. Yesterday morning, I woke up at 7:20 a.m. and had to go onto campus to help administer my World Lit class's final exam (so I was really glad I'd stayed in San Marcos - her house was only 5 minutes away, instead of 40). I thought I'd drive home and sleep and then wake up and run. BUT. Instead I went back to my friend's house after the exam, we texted another friend and the 3 of us had a really fun, much needed bonding kind of adventure in TX Hill Country. So I didn't make it back to Austin until 5:30 pm. And boy was I exhausted. c. and I ordered pizza, I ate, I read in bed, went to sleep.

Does any of this count as a workout? I know. I know. NO. The thing is, it is COLD outside. No, it isn't Chicago-cold, and no, there's no snow on the ground like in BR (wtf???@@**!!!!), but it's kinda chilly. Oh, herpreet, doing her best whining.

Well, I've got today, tomorrow and Saturday to work it out. So here is my plan: Right now, I am going to watch an episode or 2 of Charlie's Angels on hulu.com (I know, this doesn't sound right, does it) to motivate and inspire me. Then I'll jump in the shower, and then I'll walk over to my local coffee shop to work on the paper that is due on Saturday. TOMORROW, I will go on a run first thing, and I'll either do a bike ride or run on Saturday (a really hard one on Saturday so my body will forgive me for whatever I do to it at the holiday party I'm attending Saturday night).

So, co-challengers, help me stick to my plan if you can, and I'll do my best to help myself. I THINK I can lift my fingers to click on hulu.com right now.

1 comment:

Cristin said...

Wah! It's cold in Austin! Wah!

I just looked at the weather-it's 50 degrees! Herpreet, I'm here to tell you that 50 degrees is the PERFECT running weather. It really is. You may have to take a trip to your local running store to get a few items but after that it will be great! Truly it is. You don't get crazy hot and it just feels good. And for me I can always go a little farther than normal in "chilly" weather. Embrace it!!