Monday, December 29, 2008

Week 4, Day 3, Cristin

My third workout of the week was just OK.

I went ice skating again. But this time I went out and bought skates. Figure skates. I didn’t realize that there is an instrument of death called a toe pick on figure skates. I fell not once, not twice but THREE times. And not just little falls. Full out face plants. Well, I landed on my back most of the time but you get the picture. It was as if I was practicing flips without meaning to and having never even seen said flips in action.

I think I got about 45 minutes of skating in before I called it quits. The last fall hurt a lot. I promptly returned my skates to the store and am on the look out for some hockey skates that I like. Figure skates are so much cuter but let’s be honest-I don’t have that much of a chance at the Olympics, so why put up with the constant falling? There is enough chance that I will fall on hockey skates anyway; hell just WALKING causes me trouble sometimes so why push it?

HOW DO FIGURE SKATERS HANDLE THE TOE PICK???

I don’t get it.

No comments: