Friday, January 23, 2009

Kevin--Week of 4 40's. 3 Down, 1 to Go!

Every now and then, if I'm feeling stiff, unathletic, bloated, stressed, or bored with the routine, I assign myself a week of hitting the elliptical for 40 minutes, 4 times, within the week. I also call this "The Week of 4 40s". I find that catchy titles help when composing a new program.

A lot of people diss the elliptical, but I love the shit. I know it's not like running, but if you set the resistance high enough, you get a major workout. I don't know, anything that makes me sweat fire and wish I were dead two minutes after I start doing it qualifies as a thorough workout in my book. Has anybody figured out a way to do this stuff while your napping, or like you're watching TV, and you don't even realize you've been doing intense cardio for the last 30 minutes?

I'm pretty proud, because only two minutes into it last night, I started feeling sore and tired. Usually it takes about 15 minutes on the elliptical for me to start wanting to slip into a deathnap. But I soldiered on, even with it being a lot harder after doing it the night before, too. I burn about 12 calories a minute--with the cooldown, I'm usually around 500-550, for 40 minutes. So I'm feeling pretty good today. Prett-y, prett-y, prett-y, prett-y good. I think I'm going to save my fourth jaunt for Saturday morning. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin, I'm feeling pretty good for you!!! And I LOVE the elliptical whole heartedly. I LOVE it.

Cristin said...

I am also a fan of the elliptical. Big fan.