Thursday, January 22, 2009

Week 3, Day 3, Cristin

So I FINALLY went for a run yesterday. I am very conflicted about running these days. I used to run a lot. And then I stopped. And then I started again. And then I stopped. And along the way I have found several other types of cardio that I enjoy. And part of me feels like I should still run. The other part of me would rather not.

The part of me that wants to run was at the gym last night. I was on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I think I have mentioned before that I HATE the treadmill. I hate running indoors. I didn’t run for the full 30 minutes. I walked for 8 (admittedly a long warm up but I really needed it) and ran for 17 and walked again for 5 minutes. All on a 2.0 incline (I read that you should always be on at least a 1.0 incline when on the treadmill so it mimics outdoors better and you burn more calories but when I look around at they gym not a single soul is doing that. They probably all think they run 7 minute miles). It was tough. It took me 26 minutes to go 2 miles (with the walking but still). In the summer, 2 miles took me 19 minutes.

So. I have a lot of work to do if I want to be a runner again.

And I’m still not sure I do.

After that I did 10 minutes on the rowing machine and a few minutes of abs.

All in all quite a good work out.

2 comments:

Nat D said...

I'm real slow at running, and don't mind it too much at all.

Kevin said...

That part of me that doesn't want to do that shit has got to go.

But of course, that's what the other side of me thinks about this side.